Monday, January 2, 2012

Snow, Buckeyes and 4-Wheel Drive

Hope this post finds everyone having a good evening!

As the saying goes, "You are in Ohio if you don't like the weather just wait 5 minutes, it will change."  Not sure where this snow came from but I don't remember the local weatherman predicting this.  Oh well, we will deal with it.  I actually like snow.  It turns the leafless trees and landscape into a winter wonderland.  Winter is natures way to taking a break from all of summers beauty.  I don't blame her one bit, like all of us she needs a chance to rest and recharge.  But mother nature can do away with the blowing wind.  With wind we get blowing snow.  So this fall I got a "new to me" vehicle which has 4-wheel drive.  I was so excited!  Well guess what??  I got to use that little button that says 4HI on it today.  My husband was laughing at me today as I was telling him all about it after work.  Deep down I knew that I probably didn't need to use it but I really couldn't get up a hill that I was stopped on at a stop sign.  That button really did help!  But really people, it's only snow!  It brings out the best in peoples driving abilities.  There are some crazy people out there!

As for the Buckeyes,  one word only describes their bowl game today...pathetic.  Really, why did we even go to a bowl game?  Was the team even on the field?  Everyone is all hyped up for Urban but well, I am not too fond of the guy.  Yea, i know he coached some great teams but don't come into a press conference and say "I will always be a Gator … will always be a part of that situation. However, this is my home state. And it’s great to be back home."  Don't care that this is your home state Urban, if you want to be a true Buckeye you gotta get rid of the Gator in you.  And that grin that he always has on his face creeps me out.  As my friend Cathy posted on facebook, "Just in case anyone is wondering,,,,Budweiser Shoot-out is in 46 days,,and the Daytona 500 is in 54 days."  Can't wait till speed weeks!! =)

All the animals were snug in the barn or in their boxes full of straw all warm and cozy for this cold winter evening.  Today's high was 30 with our low overnight of 18, breezy and snow showers.  Bundle up if you are going to be outside! BRRRRRR!

Have a great evening everyone!  Hope I didn't bore you too much!

No comments:

Post a Comment